When is a chair not a chair..?


...When it has been transformed into a truly beautiful, one-off gorgeous piece of vintage furniture!!!

Earlier this year, I asked Niki if she would consider making me a slip cover for an old chair of ours. It's a 1930s armchair which had been re-covered in recent years, but was now rather drab, dreary, tattered and torn (thanks to the cats!) and more than a tad grubby in places! I had a vision of a patchwork of rosey vintage fabrics and having some fabrics that I thought would be perfect, I went on the hunt for more. Of course, I regularly changed my mind with regard to colours, styles etc! So, after a few months, I decided to stop dithering and took what I had to Niki. She gathered together some of her own gorgeous fabrics, mixed them with mine and voila! this is what she created!! How beautiful is this?!! She asked me if it's how I imagined it; Niki, it is even better! I know how busy she is with her website so I am really grateful that she made time for this one-off project.

There is such a lovely variety of fabrics here; old Sanderson linen; 50s roses cotton; French florals; rosey barkcloth - all stitched together in a charming patchwork!


There's even a sweet little cushion - an added extra! I am so pleased with it - thank you Niki! The chair will live in the clock house which means there is the temptation to sit back and relax every day!

But the relaxing will have to wait - first I have to update the website with more vintage goodies!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment