A Feast of Fabrics, Floral China and Finery!


Well, here we are in September - where did the Summer go to?! Hopefully we still have some sunshine and warm days ahead of us. I have been busy sorting through some lovely old fabrics - here they are blowing in the breeze after a freshen up!

As you may expect, they have a rosey theme to them!


A very kind friend was having a clear out recently and gave me these gorgeous fabrics, again covered in roses! There is a huge amount here so I will have a good think and see if I can come up with a special project for them.

There are big, soft pink roses...


...and small deep pink roses!


I've also given some shelves in my kitchen a fresh new look - I have mixed a pretty 1930s tea service with soft blue Dartmouth pottery - I love that blue! The tea service is decorated with lupins...

...isn't that just the prettiest design you've seen?!

As well as attending to things in the cottage, I have been out buying treasures for Vintage Home and have many lovely things ready to fill the shop. Here is a small taster of some of those pretty items...

...a pair of blue French garters - ooh-la-la!


A delightful Victorian chromo book of poems and texts...


...and a 1930s hat stand with handpainted roses.

I am planning to update the shop in the next few days - and then I think it will be time to give you another clue regarding the exciting news...

No comments:

Post a Comment