Roses, Roses, Roses!



Just like many of you, I absolutely adore roses and never tire of seeing them in any shape or form. It's generally a pretty dull time in the garden at this time of year and despite the early signs of Spring flowers, it will be a few months until we see the roses again! So I thought I would share these roses with you in the meantime! The beautiful barkcloth fabric above is one of my favourites and the pretty ribbons and roses cotton fabric below is so pretty!



I really enjoy seeing roses - and other flowers - around the home on textiles, china, barbola mirrors and paintings. These are two of my favourite paintings. The first is a stunning yard long oil painting dated 1921.



This beautiful oil painting is Edwardian and is very much in the style of Catherine Klein. Again, it is a yard long painting but has always been hung this way up - just as well as it really wouldn't fit anywhere else!



Finally, a few of my favourite things, as the song goes! A delightful old chest of drawers covered in wallpaper...



...and a roses pastel painting with one of Niki's wonderful rosy creations!



I'd love to see all of your favourite rose items!

No comments:

Post a Comment