Packed and ready!


As a major distraction to all the painting that we're doing at the moment I thought I would gather together some of the things with which I'll be furnishing the Clock House - when I finally move in! Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy painting - but I cannot wait to get it finished - because of course I did actually paint and furnish the Clock House months and months ago - in my head!! So now I am really keen to get in and play house! Luckily, my other half is pulling out all the stops and has a paintbrush permanently welded to his hand at the moment! Having realised I needed to update the shop and deliver a blog post, I escaped to the house to do just that!

As you can see, I have plenty of storage for stationery, ribbons and general vintage paraphernalia which will find its way into the Clock House over time!

I have a few old oil paintings which will grace the walls too - of course they had to be roses didn't they?!

I'm currently on the lookout for a nice big cupboard (hopefully I will find one ready-painted!!) and an old blanket box, then I can tidy away some of the larger stock items. Plus I will dust down some of my vintage rugs (yes, another obsession - sorry - collection of mine!) to give the studio a homely feel. I certainly have lots of ideas - I'm just short on patience when it comes to painting!

I've added a few items to the website today including this lovely patchwork-effect eiderdown - makes a change from roses doesn't it?! I think I had better get back to the painting now - we're seriously considering a new name for the Clock House - right now the Forth Bridge seems very appropriate!

No comments:

Post a Comment