Childhood Days


As the promise of Spring nears and the days begin to get longer, my thoughts turn to childhood, those carefree years when time really did seem endless. Growing up in the country was wonderful; days were filled with adventure playing hide and seek in the fields and building dens in the hedgerows. I have a real fondness for the fun and colourful make-believe characters of my era, in particular the Golliwog and Noddy - two of my favourite childhood toys and stories. I was an avid reader as a child and my staple diet of Enid Blyton's wonderful books kept me enthralled for many years, including the Famous Five, Secret Seven and Mallory Towers books - think I read them all!

The photos below are original Charlotte Becker prints from the 1940s, well before my time of course! She painted beautiful soft and delicate pictures of babies and animals, so perfect for a nursery wall. These are two of my favourites, isn't that dog so cute?!


Who are your favourite childhood characters?

No comments:

Post a Comment