I am totally obsessed with fabric! In fact, I can't get enough of vintage fabric and will always be found rummaging through the wonderful old textiles that turn up at the flea markets and antique fairs. I do enjoy being creative and armed with a glue gun, pins and a hammer, I have covered all manner of everyday objects around the cottage.


I have many old books which have lost their paper covers, these are ideal for covering with fabrics. When I couldn't find the right vintage fabric I even used a new (but vintage style!) material covered with pretty little roses. The old painted step table originally had a piece of plain vinyl on the top so I replaced it with this pretty rosebud and oak leaf fabric which compliments they soft grey paint.


I found this old hatbox which was very plain in appearance and covered it in this delicate old roses fabric. I finished the edge of the lid with a length of dusky pink velvet ribbon. I may add some embellishment to the top when I find the right fabric flowers!




These are very quick but very effective ways of revamping items. I have also covered stools and chair seats etc., but I will save those photos for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment